The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers
- Contact details (telephone numbers, email addresses, and social media handles), including the details of third parties that are provided to Shampoodles to ensure the safety of your pet (i.e. the details of a friend or family member who is collecting your dog(s) or details of your veterinary practice)
- Details of your pet(s), including photographs
- Video and audio footage through the use of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) on our premises.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of your customer relationship with Shampoodles. We use the information that you have given us in order to provide a professional dog grooming service that is tailored to your individual requirements and your pet(s).
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the data controller by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
In limited circumstances we may need to pass your personal information to a third party with your consent. In very limited circumstances, it may not be practicable to obtain your explicit consent in advance, such as providing your details to a local veterinary practice in the event of your pet becoming unwell or injured, and in accordance with our terms and conditions.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We keep personal identifiers, contact details and details of your pet(s) whilst you remain a customer of Shampoodles, and for a period of 12 months after your final dog grooming appointment - unless you remove your consent for your data to be retained. We keep CCTV video and audio footage for 30 days. Your personal information will be securely and irretrievably destroyed after this period. In some circumstances, such as for marketing and advertising, staff training, the prevention and detection of crime, or some other legitimate reason, your personal information may be retained for a longer period.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising these rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the following address:
FAO: The Data Controller
Shampoodles Dog Salon Ltd
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO's address is:
Information Commissioner's Office
The ICO's helpline number is: 0303 123 1113
15 April 2023
Major Version History