Due to our continued growth, we're looking for a Salon Assistant to join our friendly team. Shampoodles are committed to offering a bespoke service tailored to each dog’s individual needs, and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service.
What does the Salon Assistant do?
- Bathing, drying and preparing dogs for the Dog Groomer / Stylist
- Dealing with customer enquiries in person and on the telephone
- Making and rescheduling bookings as required, and maintaining the diary
- Promoting and upselling retail products to customers, as appropriate
- Delivering a 5* customer experience to all current and prospective clients
- Providing a caring environment to client’s dogs and ensuring the welfare of dogs is maintained by providing access to fresh water, and heat/cooling as needed
- Ensuring the workstations are kept clear and tidy throughout the day and contributing to a thorough clean of the salon at the end of each day.
Why should you work at Shampoodles?
- Outstanding quality – The salon is owned by a Certified Professional Groomer and is dedicated to the highest quality grooms. We also pride ourselves on our customer service and the vast majority of our clients are repeat customers.
- Fun environment – We’re a fun team to work with and do many social events together, as well as socialising throughout the year with other local business owners. Oh, and there’s always drinks and snacks throughout the day!
- Great location – We’re the only dog grooming salon in Nailsworth, and we’re located conveniently on the outskirts of the town on the A46 with free car parking.
- Opportunities to learn and develop – With our guidance you’ll become an expert Salon Assistant, but there will also be opportunities to continue your career progression and develop into a Junior Stylist.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll be passionate about dogs and confident in handling dogs of all sizes and temperaments (we have appropriate equipment for challenging dogs).
- You’ll be confident talking to customers in person or on the telephone and you’ll have good communication skills to build rapport with our clients.
- You’ll understand that dog welfare is our number one priority but having fun at work is a close second place!
Find out more and get in touch
Check out our website to find out more about us, and if you want to discuss the role in more detail, call Hannah on 07903 317 112, or email firstname.lastname@example.org